About Acton Democrats
The Acton Democratic Committee is your local arm of the Democratic Party. Acton DTC members also share a common vision aligned with the principles of the Democratic Party and work locally in a variety of ways to support these principles. Voting Membership consists of up to 35 members plus 20-year members. We also can have an unlimited number of Associate Members. For a list of current members, click here. And to become more involved yourself, click here.
Members must be registered Democrats and residents of Acton. The Committee is elected by the public every 4 years in the Democratic Presidential Primary. When vacancies occur, positions may be filled by vote of the Committee. Citizens may also choose to participate as associate members. We also welcome friends from many
Through the volunteer efforts of its members, the Acton Democratic Town Committee works to support Democratic political candidates at the regional, state, and national levels by engaging in the following activities:
- Visibility (sign-holding)
- Attending welcoming events and rallies
- Letter writing
- Phone calling
- Distributing campaign literature
- Installing lawn signs
- Organizing caucuses through which Democrat voters in Acton elect delegates to the Massachusetts State Democratic Convention
- Encouraging voter registration and participation in town events
- Sponsoring candidate nights and forums so voters have the opportunity to hear candidates positions on important issues
- Holding an Annual Picnic in the late summer, along with the Boxborough Democratic Town Committee
- Participating in the Middlesex and Worcester Democratic Coalition
- Bringing speakers to Acton to discuss issues of interest to voters
- Participating and sometimes organizing community service events, like food drives and pond cleanups
- Holding regular meetings, usually every month.
We are proud of our own efforts and those of our elected officials to build a better nation and society.