Citizens hearing the Declaration of Independence on July 4 at the Concord Bridge
During these times, there are a variety of groups seeking to advance values and issues dear to all Democrats, Here are several timely opportunities for active participation which have been forwarded to us by our members and friends:
- IndivisibleActon - https://www.facebook.com/IndivisibleActon/ which offers participation in several Acton issues, as part of the broader Action Network.
- Progressive Massachusetts - http://progressivemass.com, which State Senator Jamie Eldridge helped to found.
- Activist Alliance - https://www.alignable.com/acton-ma/activist-alliance-ma# which organizes around supporting immigrants and minorities and environmental issues.
- Mothers Out Front - http://www.mothersoutfront.org/massachusetts, which tracks gas leaks in our communities. Jude Aronstein (at email@example.com) is leading the Acton Mothers Out Front.
- Massachusetts Democratic Party https://massdems.org/
- American Promise, “imagine a government run by people not money”, whose goal is to win the 28th Amendment to The Constitution to restore American democracy in which citizens - not money, not corporations, not special interests - govern ourselves. People Govern Not Money is the Massachusetts branch of American Promise. Contact Linda Vieira at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://peoplegovernnotmoney.org
Here are two Campaign Support systems that members have supported:
- MoveOn Texting - https://front.moveon.org/training/ which facilitate volunteer texting to friendly voters for key issues and races across the country. Once you get how to do it, it’s quick and effective.
- HubDialer - http://www.hubdialer.com, which allow volunteers to call others in communities with important races around the country.
Here are some Targeted News Sources recommended by members:
- Maura Healey, The People’s Report - a weekly newsletter of information from the Maura Healey Committee - http://www.maurahealey.com/news/newsletter,
- WBUR sign up page, for newsletters - http://www.wbur.org/inside/newsletters